Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Full of Surprises


We've been doing this for 54 years. I have been heavily involved in this club for 5+ years. In that time, I have been privileged to see, meet, discover some of the brightest of what Denver has to offer. I have always found that leaving a board meeting, a speaker, an event leaves me full of hope and inspiration (I encourage everyone reading this to find out for themselves if they have not already). In the time spent with ADCD, I have always received more then I gave. Then, events like last night do even more to surprise and delight me.

Pecha Kucha is an experience I'd highly recommend to anyone wanting to discover Denver. Whether it was learning more about Cypher 13 or Double Butter or just being encourage to hang out under the bushes, Denver once again showed its best side, the side that is brimming with talent and potential and unknown to varying degrees. One that I encourage you to see. Explore and discover.

Last night was wonderful, a big thanks to Pecha Kucha Denver, Buntport Theater, Double Butter, Cypher 13, Bruce Mau, Lawrence Argent, Charles Carpenter, Scott Lary, Ted Schultz, Brandi Shigley and Ravi Zupa.

No comments: