Friday, February 29, 2008

Charlie Harper, Giant Golden Book of Biology





Look at this wonderful illustration for the book Giant Golden Book of Biology. Every page has something wonderful, I'm not even sure you could distract me from looking at the pictures long enough to read it. See more here.

Charlie Harper:
When I look at a wildlife or nature subject, I don’t see the feathers in the wings, I just count the wings. I see exciting shapes, color combinations, patterns, textures, fascinating behavior and endless possibilities for making interesting pictures. I regard the picture as an ecosystem in which all the elements are interrelated, interdependent, perfectly balanced, without trimming or unutilized parts; and herein lies the lure of painting; in a world of chaos, the picture is one small rectangle in which the artist can create an ordered universe.


The one other detail to mention, published 1961, only took 47 years for us to find it.

No comments: