You're looking at the Best of Show winner at the 2009 ADCD Annual Show, a simple, yet spectacular poster concocted by Shanna McNear from Colorado State University. Shanna also received a scholarship along with prizes donated from our generous sponsors.
The gallery opening was last Friday at the Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design (RMCAD) and displayed the next generation of creative artists hailing from Colorado and Wyoming schools.
Here are the 2009 winners! Congrats!
• Shanna McNear, CSU, Best of Show and Best in Category/Graphic Design
• Ryan Secora, RMCAD, Best in Category/Digital Illustration and Best in Category/Traditional Illustration and Judge's Choice
• Danielle Alvarado, Univ. of Wyoming, Best in Category/Packaging + Judge's Choice
• Jeffrey Steffonich, Metro State, Best in Category/Packaging and Best in Category/Logo, Identity + Judge's Choice
• Elisa Wikey, RMCAD, Best in Category/Direct Mail
• Lauren Kobayashi, CSU, Best in Category/Editorial Design
• Jennifer Juarez, Community College of Denver, Best in Category/Graphic Design
• A.J. Sapala, RMCAD, Best in Category/Photography
• Aaron Bailey, CSU, Best in Category/Print Advertising
• Chris Branson, Art Institute, Best in Category/Publication
• Louise Eckardt, Univ. of Wyoming, Judge's Choice
• Andy Lindberg, Univ. of Wyoming, Judge's Choice
• Hannah Beningo, Univ. of Wyoming, Judge's Choice
Many thanks to hand out:
Thanks to the judging panel: Stephanie Fay, Creative Director of Ripcord; Randall Erkelens, Creative Director/Founder of Section 45; Eric Nance, Creative Director and Founder of Epiphany Graphics; and Jay Roth, Senior Copywriter of Integer.
Also, big thanks to sponsors for supplying prizes to Best of Show, Best in Category and Judge's Choice winners.
And thanks to Village Roaster and Chipotle for coffee and food, respectively.
Great show. Can't wait until next year.