Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Scam Alert: Designers & Developers

Our firm was recently asked to design & develop a website for an NGO working in Africa for the relief of Malaria. They agreed to our terms: 50% advance, 50% prior to launch. They sent website content (text & photos) and payment in full including hosting/maintenance for a year, though it was not specified in our contract for payment in full in advance.

I was out of town but my admin deposited the advance (an overnight money order which in 4-days bounced). The client called the day the check arrived but I was unavailable. I'm assuming this was a typical Nigerian ploy to write-back a check for the 50% of funds that were mistakenly paid. No work had begun on the project and to date I have not heard back from them.

In the event you're next, here's their information. They found us through our website's form mail: Raymond Winston Grey: Email: leroy3k@yahoo.com Phone: 002348063810464

No comments: